Safeguarding procedures at Woodstone Community Primary School are underpinned by these key principles:
- Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility: all staff, governors and volunteers play their full part in keeping our children safe and protecting them from abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns.
- All staff, governors and volunteers have a clear understanding regarding abuse and neglect in all forms; including how to identify, respond and report. This also includes knowledge in the process for allegations against professionals.
If you have concerns about any of the children at Woodstone then please share this information with us straight away. Issues such as appearance, hygiene, behaviour, can also be shared with teaching or support staff. Do not worry about reporting small matters – we would rather you tell us than miss a worrying situation. For any Safeguarding concerns please talk to one of the staff members below:
- Mr Patrick Mullins – Lead Designated Person for Safeguarding and Headteacher (01530 519473)
- Miss Grace Clement – Deputy Safeguarding Lead and Deputy Headteacher (01530 519473)
- Miss Kelly Barnes - Deputy Safeguarding Lead and SENCO (01530 519473)
Our Safeguarding Governor is Rachel Barsby-Robinson who can also be contacted on 01530 519473.
External Safeguarding Contacts:
- If you have concerns or simply want more information then the Leicestershire County Council website is a useful place to start. You can find the link here.
If you have any safeguarding concerns in relation to the Headteacher please contact the Chair of Governors, Scott Young, via the School Office 01530 519473